In late August 2021, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. and his administration stated that they would fully support booster shots for recipients of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, eight months post-second dose pursuant to official recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Federal Drug Administration (FDA). On September 24, 2021, the CDC “recommends that the following groups should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 Vaccine at least 6 months after completing their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series (i.e., the first 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine):
- people aged 65 years and older
- residents aged 18 years and older in long-term [healthcare] settings
- people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
Other groups may receive a booster shot based on their individual risk and benefit.”
Covid Clinic is committed to following the science and federal recommendations regarding COVID-19 prevention and treatment to provide the best possible service throughout the United State and American Territories.
“Since Covid Clinic began providing COVID-19 tests and have recently added COVID vaccines, we have been focused on utilizing all available tools to bring an end to this pandemic,” said Covid Clinic president Dr. Matt Abinante, DO, MPH. “Covid Clinic is focused on meeting the public’s need for all preventative measures. That’s the only way that we will see an end to this.”
“The COVID-19 response requires all of us to be able to walk, chew gum, pat our heads, and rub our bellies at the same time,” said Ace Robinson, MHL, MPH, chief mission officer of Covid Clinic. “Boosters are vital to fully controlling COVID-19 in combination with every other available tool including community education, frequent testing, and treatment for those who were not able to get vaccinated prior to falling ill. We must throw everything including the kitchen sink to succeed.”
Covid Clinic is dedicated to helping communities stay safe by adhering to the CDC guidelines and continuing to do the following:
- Covid Clinic will continue to make COVID testing services to the general public.
- Covid Clinic will continue to work with healthcare providers to make vaccinations, including boosters (as legally permitted), available at select locations.
- Covid Clinic will provide culturally responsive and timely community awareness to create and foster trust.
- Covid Clinic will partner with local, state, federal, and global entities to provide timely services to stop this pandemic.